Start Your Business:
Everything you need to start, maintain and protect your business.
When starting out or forming a secondary company these filings should be considered during the initial start up.
When forming a Corporation or LLC, consider what it will take to maintain your business year round.
1. DBA - Fictitious Business Name:
A DBA filing allows your business to conduct business and receive payment under a name different than your legal name.
By Filing a DBA With MyCorporation, You Can:
- Accept payments under an alternate business name
- Open up a bank account in the name of the business
- Conduct business with an alternate name
2. Federal Tax ID Number - EIN:
Employer Identification Number. Complete A Federal Tax ID Filing For Your Business. The IRS uses a unique Employer Identification Number to uniquely identify employer tax accounts.
MyCorporation makes filing an EIN Easy:
- Answer a few simple questions about your business
- We verify your information and complete your filing accurately
- We'll send you your completed paperwork
MyCorporation files the necessary forms for businesses needing an employer identification number (EIN).
An EIN is a federal identification number issued by the IRS to identify a business entity. EINs are also known as a Federal Tax ID number. Legally, you are required to identify your business with one of two numbers: either your social security number or an employer identification number.
Generally you need an employer identification number when your business:
- Is new
- Hires, or will hire, employees
- Is an LLC or Corporation
- Opens a bank account
- Changes type of organization
If you are a sole proprietor, your social security number can be used on all of your government forms and other official documents, but most small business advisors recommend that you apply for an EIN for these official documents.
Furthermore, most banks require an employer identification number in order to open a business bank account. If you are ready, our business filing experts can help you get started with your paperwork.
How It Works:
The business filing experts at MyCorporation can help save you time and eliminate the hassle of obtaining your EIN. We are here to support you during the filing process:
- Fill out and submit the Federal Employer Identification order form on our website.
- You will find requests for standard contact, billing, and authorization information, plus specific requests regarding whether or not you want us to obtain your EIN, or simply prepare the tax form for you. Plus, there are general entity type questions and reasons for applying.
- We will prepare and forward to you the IRS Tax Form SS-4 necessary to apply for an EIN. Please sign and return to us.
- If you requested that we obtain your EIN, we will work with the IRS directly to obtain your number. We will then forward the number to you.
- If you requested that we prepare your SS-4 Form only, then you must submit the form and contact the IRS to obtain the EIN number.
Please note: MyCorporation cannot obtain an EIN until your entity formation is completed and all the necessary paperwork has been filed with the state. As soon as the state has confirmed your formation, we will begin the EIN document filing process.
Maintain in good standing with the state and keep your assets protected after you file! To keep your good standing status, there are many filings that must be filed on a regular basis. Get peace of mind with our MyIncGuard™ service.
The Benefits of MyIncGuard®; Service:
- We maintain your filing deadlines
- Easily Keep Your Business In Compliance With The State
Did you know that after registering a business with the state that several filings may be required on an annual basis? Without those filings an entity may be dissolved. MyCorporation can help prevent this from happening and guard your corporate status with MyIncGuard™.
MyIncGuard™ sends monthly reminders about annual reports, quarterly tax returns, year-end notices, and much more!
Sign up today and help ensure your business stays in compliance with state and federal requirements.
How It Works:
- Place your order and we'll do the rest!
- Once we know your formation type, date and state of formation, MyIncGuard™ is automatically set up for upcoming due dates!
- You will receive monthly reminders about annual reports, quarterly tax returns, and many other items required in order to maintain good standing.
Name Checks and Reservations:
Ensure Your Business Name Is Available For Use.
It may be wise to conduct a corporate or LLC name availability check if you are ready to incorporate your business. If you've got your heart set on a particular name, run a check before it's too late.
- Find out if your business name is already being used
- Avoid creating assets and spending money branding a name you can't obtain
- Determine whether you need to file a business name reservation
If you're interested in determining whether or not your desired name is available right now before forming your business, we offer a Name Availability Check.
To make sure that your choice is available in your selected state, we will conduct a preliminary, non-binding, Name Availability Check with each incorporation or LLC formation request, before submitting your documents to the state office.
It is important to note that the name you request is not final until your state officials approve. Never rely on a corporate name check until after you have received a copy of your Articles of Incorporation, stamped with the state's approval.
A Name Availability Check is included at no additional charge when you incorporate or form your LLC with us.
How It Works:
The business filing experts at MyCorporation can help save you time and eliminate the hassle of conducting your Name Availability Check. We are here to support you during the filing process:
- Fill out and submit the Name Availability Check order form on our website.
- You will find requests for standard contact, billing, and authorization information, plus specific information requests concerning your copyright.
- We will contact the Secretary of State, as necessary, to ensure availability of your business name.
- We will notify you of the availability of your business name.
Registered Agent Service:
Most states require businesses to maintain a registered agent to accept legal and official documents on behalf of your business.
- Let MyCorporation Act As Your Registered Agent
- We will receive service of process for your business during any legal action
- Maintain privacy and separation from the public
- Accept legal documents outside of the business
Most states require businesses to maintain a registered agent in the formation state, individual, or entity designated by your corporation or LLC, to accept legal and official documents on behalf of your business. This could include, but is not limited to, documents such as franchise tax notices, annual reports , official legal notices such as a court summons, and more.
MyCorporation can provide your corporation or LLC with a registered agent in any of the 50 states.
Additionally, as your registered agent, we can add a layer of privacy between your business and the public. Penalties for not maintaining a registered agent generally will cause a jurisdiction to revoke a business' corporate or LLC legal status.
How It Works:
The business filing experts at MyCorporation can help save you time and eliminate the hassle of finding a Registered Agent. We are here to support you during the filing process:
- Fill out and submit the Registered Agent Services order form on our website.
- You will find requests for standard contact, billing, and authorization information, plus specific requests regarding representation information, entity information and whether or not you are changing registered agents.
- We will prepare the appropriate documents for designating or changing your registered agent name and/or address and forward them to you for signature.
- You ship the signed documents in a pre-addressed express delivery envelope provided for your convenience.
- We file the documents with the Secretary of State, and return all final documentation to you for your records.
Businesses must comply with federal, state, county, and local business license and permit regulations. Operating your business without the necessary licenses and permits is unlawful and may result in penalties and the closure of your business.
This is a difficult and time-consuming process to undertake on your own. Our experienced staff of licensing experts will assist you with all your licensing requirements by researching your business, and send you a customized package of all the applications needed for your type and place of business.
Let us do the work for you. Our experienced staff of licensing experts will research your business and send you a customized package of all the applications needed for your type and place of business.
Business License Compliance Package (BLCP)™ Provides:
An overview of the licenses, permits, and tax registrations required for your business.
Licensing authority contact information, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail, etc.
Detailed information on how much money to send with each application, and where to send it.
The actual license, permit, and tax registration applications and associated documents.
How It Works:
- Click on "Get Started Now" below, which will take you to an interactive form
- Enter information about your business
- Receive a customized online Business License Compliance Package (BLCP)™
- Fill out and mail the forms to the addresses provided
How It Will Help You:
Licenses are imposed by federal, state, county, and municipal governments. Your business may need multiple licenses, permits, and tax registrations from various governmental offices. Not being in compliance with every required license is a cause for fines, shutdowns, and delayed openings or expansions.
By making use of the Business License Compliance Package (BLCP)™ you will:
- Ensure full compliance with all licensing authorities
- Enable opening or expanding your business
- Eliminate the need to research requirements on your own
- Stop fruitless phone calls and Web searches to unresponsive agencies
- Avoid fines and shutdowns
- Formal management structure
- Ability to raise capital by issuing stock
- Potential tax deductible fringe benefits
- Rush services available at checkout
Incorporate Your Business:
Start Your Business Today With MyCorporation
Save time, money, and hassle when you use our professional document filing services to help form your corporation.
- Why Incorporate Your Business Now?
- Secure personal assets through liability protection
- Save money on taxes
- Establish credibility with customers
Let the business filing experts at MyCorporation save you time, hassle, and money to incorporate your business.
We make incorporating a business affordable.
Our incorporation services start at just $69 ( plus required government fees ). Lawyers charge, on an average, over $200 per hour. With our document filing services, you know exactly what you need, what you are getting and how much it all costs from the very beginning.
We take the bureaucracy out of incorporating.
You could file everything yourself, but when you consider the time needed to file, administer and maintain all the documents necessary to keep your business running legitimately, why would you? MyCorporation offers you serious savings when it comes to your time and resources.
Once you decide on incorporation, simply fill out our online incorporation application and we take care of the rest.
Help is a phone call away.
Call one of our business filing experts to walk you through the incorporation process. Or, simply answer our questionnaire online that walks you through the process step-by-step, and one of our experts will contact you to confirm and track your order. We are an online service, backed by real people.
Why choose a corporation vs. an LLC?
A corporation is a separate legal entity from its owners created under state law. The defining legal rights and obligations of the corporation are: the ability to sue and be sued, hold assets in its own name, hire agents and sign contracts.
In summary, a corporation has the following benefits:
- Liability protection like an LLC: Forming a corporation draws a line between personal and business assets, helping protect your personal assets from risks or debts associated with running a business. This means that if the business can't pay a creditor or gets sued, the creditor cannot legally come after the member's personal assets such as a house or car.
- Management: The owners of the corporation are called shareholders. The directors are responsible for long-term management and made the major decisions regarding the corporation. The officers are responsible for day to day operational activities of the corporation and usually consist of the President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Control: You may choose to incorporate your business to raise capital and offer stock options to employees. Incorporating a business allows for unlimited shareholders (not applicable to S-Corps).
In order to retain corporate existence, one must observe certain corporate formalities such as holding an annual meeting, taking corporate minutes, issuing shares and appointing officers.
How It Works:
First, Decide What Form of Business You'd Like to Establish:
Should you incorporate your company or form an LLC ? Visit our Business Incorporation Learning Center for more information about the business incorporation process to determine which entity is best for you, or call us if you have any questions about the process.
After you decide you want to incorporate, consider these things to ensure a smoother experience:
- Pick a name! We'll check if it's available (included at no additional fee if you file with us).
- Determine the state of your company's incorporation.
- Pick a Registered Agent.
- Assign corporate officers.
We Help You Know What to File:
Once you've begun your company's incorporation, you'll receive a list of filing components that are mandatory in your state, and a list of optional business components you may want to consider filing at the same time to save money.
You Know What it Costs from the Beginning:
You'll find the costs for the services on our site in the " Incorporate " section and also on the application itself.
Then, Give Us Some Info and We Take Care of the Rest!
Next, fill in your name, address of business, company members, desired company name (for a name search), etc. Then, you'll fill out standard billing information that includes your address, credit card number, and contact information.
Want it Faster?
With our Rush Filing Service, your Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws can be filed in as little as one week. With our Rush Service, we hand deliver the documents to the appropriate state office-greatly reducing your waiting time.
Congratulations! Your Company's Incorporation is Complete:
You'll receive a notification email shortly confirming your incorporation order. Keep a copy for your records. If we have any questions, we'll call you.
Once we've confirmed your order, we charge your credit card overnight from the date of application to pay the required government fees and begin the process of forming your incorporation.
Check the Status of Your Order Anytime:
You can check the status of your order at anytime by calling MyCorporation toll-free 1-877-692-6772. Have your confirmation number ready so that we can quickly check your company's incorporation status.
Details on the Order Process:
Name check: We will ask you for an alternative name, in case your first choice is not available. In the event that your two choices are not available, we'll contact you for another alternative.
State: Laws and fees governing corporations can vary from state to state. Most of our customers choose to form their corporation in the state in which they are conducting business. This is typically the most simple and cost effective way to operate.
Registered Agent: The purpose of a Registered Agent is to provide a physical address for your business so that it can accept official documents on behalf of your corporation (tax notices, annual reports, legal-process documents such as a summons, etc.). Penalties for not maintaining a Registered Agent may cause a jurisdiction to revoke a business's corporate or LLC legal status. Please note that post office boxes are not allowed. MyCorporation provides Registered Agent services for thousands of corporations, which offers a layer of privacy between a business and the public. Because it's a matter of public record, the Registered Agent's name and address is generally listed on all official public documents.
Corporate Officers: Our applications allow you to name up to four officers for your corporation when you file with us. The good news is that most states allow businesses to authorize one person to serve in the three mandatory positions: President, Treasurer, Secretary or Clerk. This person's responsibility and authority changes for each position.
LLC's - Limited Liability Company:
- Simple management structure
- Less paperwork; no meeting requirements
- No double taxation on salaries
- Rush services available at checkout
How to form an LLC:
Forming a limited liability company (LLC) provides benefits and liability protection for any type of business.
The Benefits Of Forming An LLC Include:
- Protect your personal assets with liability protection
- Save money on taxes
- Establish credibility with customers
Why form an LLC?
Chances are you've considered the key benefits of forming a limited liability company (LLC):
- Secure your personal assets through Liability protection
- Deduct certain expenses
- Reduce audit risk
But you have a company to manage, and forming an LLC takes time.
Let MyCorporation save you time and hassle when you use our expert document filing services to take this next step.
We make LLC formation affordable. Our limited liability company (LLC) formation services start at just $69 (plus required government fees). Lawyers charge, on an average, over $200 per hour. With our document filing services, you know exactly what you need, what you are getting and how much it all costs from the very beginning.
We take the bureaucracy out of forming an LLC. You could file everything yourself, but when you consider the time needed to file, administer and maintain all the documents necessary to keep your business running legitimately, why would you? MyCorporation offers you serious savings when it comes to your time and resources. Once you decide to form an a limited liability company (LLC), simply fill out our online application and we take care of the rest.
Help is a phone call away. Call one of our business filing experts to walk you through the LLC formation process. Or, simply answer our questionnaire online that walks you through the process step-by-step, and one of our experts will contact you to confirm and track your order. We are an online service, backed by real people.
Why choose a limited liability company vs. a corporation?
Limited Liability Companies combine the limited liability advantages of corporations with the control and tax advantages of a partnership. While setting up an LLC is more difficult than creating a partnership or sole proprietorship, running one is significantly easier than running a corporation. The entity is taxed like a partnership - income and losses are accounted for on the owner's individual tax returns. Also, a limited liability company can be owned by non U.S. citizens/resident aliens and other business entities and have unlimited number of members.
In summary, an LLC has the following benefits:
Liability protection like a corporation - LLC members are generally protected from personal liability for business debts and claims. This means that if the business can't pay a creditor or gets sued, the creditor cannot legally come after the member's personal assets such as a house or car.
Management - A limited liability company provides flexibility in business organization and management. The owners can be individuals, trusts, partnerships, corporations and non-resident aliens. There are significantly less formalities to maintain an LLC compared to a corporation.
Maintenance - LLCs are less formal than corporations and do not have the same corporate formality requirements such as having an annual meeting or taking minutes.
How It Works:
After you've decided forming an LLC is right for your business, there are a few things you should consider before starting the application to ensure a smoother experience.
Pick a name! We'll check if it's available. Determine the state where you'll operate your LLC Pick a registered agent.
On the application itself, you'll receive a list of filing components that are mandatory in your state, and a list of optional business components you may want to consider filing at the same time you are starting an LLC.
The cost for each service is listed both on our site in "Post-Formations" and on the application itself.
Next, fill in your name, address of business, members, desired company name (for a name search).
Then, you'll fill out standard billing information that includes your address, credit card number, and contact information.
You'll receive a notification email shortly confirming your LLC order. Keep a copy for your records.
If we have any questions, we'll call you. Once we've confirmed your order, we charge your credit card to pay the required government fees and begin your LLC formation. You can check the status of your LLC order at anytime by calling our business filing experts toll-free 1-877-692-6772.
Have your confirmation number ready for a quick status check.
With our Rush Filing Service, you can receive your "Articles of Organization" and your "Operating Agreement" in as little as one week. With this service, we hand deliver the documents to the appropriate state office, reducing your time to form an LLC.
Congratulations! You've formed an LLC.